Australia Bushfires - Health and Safety Information
How to stay safe, secure and healthy while travelling in Australia.
Bushfires are currently impacting parts of Australia. We want you to stay safe whilst travelling during this time, so please seek the most up to date information prior to departure, and remain informed about changing conditions whilst on the ground.
You can find a list of the most popular destinations here, and whether they have been impacted by bushfires or are safe to visit. However, this is not a complete list of affected areas, so if you are travelling outside these areas, please refer to links to regional sites below.
For specific regional advice, updates are available from the following sites.
- New South Wales www.rfs.nsw.gov.au
- Victoria www.cfa.vic.gov.au
- Tasmania www.fire.tas.gov.au
- Australian Capital Territory www.esa.act.gov.au
- Northern Territory www.pfes.nt.gov.au
- Queensland www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au
- South Australia www.cfs.org.au
- Western Australia www.emergency.wa.gov.au and www.fesa.wa.gov.au
And for an overview of the areas affected, please see the FireWatch website.
We have decided that supporting the Australian Red Cross is the most effective choice we can make at this time and thus we have made a donation to support their ongoing relief effort. If you would also like to donate, you can do so on the Australian Red Cross website.